Why Open Source
CrowdVoice is open sourced because it is a platform that can be used for anytime where the crowd-sourcing of news can be of value to an audience that is highly engaged on a particular topic. We’re constantly working to improve the platform by adding new features and we’ll release them open source as we make progress.
Mideastyouth, the organization behind this great idea was very forward thinking in allowing us to open source this project so you should thank them first and foremost.
The platform is built on Ruby on Rails (3).
- Create Topics (Voices)
- Voices can contain any numbers of different media content
- Smart URL parsing script to grab images/description from sites
- Allow users to post images via email
- Customize the look and feel of each topic pages
- Spread the word through Twitter/Facebook on the topic or the content level
- Create a community for each topic and allow users to subscribe to feeds
- Allow users to get daily updates on new content for each topic
- Autocomplete search
- Interactive pageslide script for pulling in pages within the experience
- Feed in custom RSS feeds into the topic
- Allow for the community to approve content for each topic
- Edgar Suarez
- Rene Monroy
- Pablo Gonzalez
- Adrian Sanchez
- Carlos Felix
- Francisco Viramontes
- Dario Muñoz
- Ricardo Rivera